Working in Hong Kong
This section of our website will take you through Working in Hong Kong from setting up an office, to visas, salaries tax and more.
- Opening an office in China provides an overview of setting up a venture in China.
- Opening an office in Hong Kong for information on establishing a business in Hong Kong – in China but not, under ‘One country two systems’.
- Hong Kong Visas and how to apply.
- Hong Kong Tax and what you’ll need to pay on your earnings when working in Hong Kong.
- Hong Kong Employment Contract explains what you will or may be offered and what you can reasonably ask for.
- Applying for Hong Kong jobs for useful advice on how to position yourself, particularly if you are non-resident in Hong Kong.
- Business in Hong Kong and what to expect when working in Hong Kong.
Please feel free to add your own advice, comments or questions about working in Hong Kong to share with other website visitors, on the relevant pages.
Anyone advertising; promoting products (e.g. electronic goods), services or jobs (e.g. pyramid schemes); posting in a language other than English; reposting deleted comments; posting links to sites that breach these guidelines; or generally not adding to useful content or discussion will banned from posting and their comments deleted. All posts are accepted or rejected at our absolute discretion and in accordance with our terms.
If you want specific guidance or wish to discuss advertising, please contact us.