Hong Kong Ferry
The main Hong Kong ferry hub is on the central waterfront. If you start at The Central end of the waterfront and walk West towards Sheung Wan, the ferry piers are as follows:
- Hong Kong ferry Piers 9 & 10 are Public piers for passenger drop off/collection, used by private junks etc.
- Hong Kong ferry Pier 8: Hong Kong Maritime Museum (formerly used by Star Ferry to Hung Hom)
- Hong Kong ferry Pier 7 is the Star Ferry service to TST.
- Hong Kong ferry Pier 6 to Mui Wo (First Ferry).
- Hong Kong ferry pier 5 to Cheng Chau (First Ferry).
- Hong Kong ferry Pier 4 to Lamma (Hong Kong and Kowloon Ferry). Either go from Central to Yung Shue Wan (Ordinary / Fast Ferry Service) or go to Sok Kwu Wan (Fast Ferry Service).
- Hong Kong ferry Pier 3 to Discovery Bay (DB Transportation Services).
- Hong Kong ferry Pier 2 to Park Island (Park Island Transport Company).
- Central Government Pier.
- Hong Kong ferry Pier for Macau Ferries (no visa required).
Macau Hong Kong Ferry
There are taxis and complimentary coach shuttle buses to the Casinos in Cotai from the Macau ferry terminals. Don’t book a car from the hustlers in the ferry terminals.
Cotai Water Jet ferries also operate from the Central ferry pier, but go directly to the Cotai strip.
Traveling through the Sky Pier is restricted to transiting air passengers only.
The addresses of the three piers are:
China Ferry Terminal (Services to Macau and a range of China cities)
Address: 33 Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
Hong Kong – Macau Ferry Terminal
Address: Shun Tak Centre, 200 Connaught Road Central, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong.
Sky Pier – Hong Kong International Airport
Address: Hong Kong International Airport, Tung Chung, Lantau, Hong Kong.
Hong Kong Ferry – Outlying Islands
There are ferries servicing parts of Hong Kong island, other than Central, that give access to other outlying islands. A full list of Licensed Hong Kong Ferry Services running to the following destinations outside the main harbour can be obtained from the Transport Department.
- Central – Mui Wo
- Central – Peng Chau
- Central – Yung Shue Wan
- Central – Sok Kwu Wan
- Tuen Mun – Tung Chung – Sha Lo Wan – Tai O
- Peng Chau – Mui Wo – Chi Ma Wan – Cheung Chau
- Aberdeen – Pak Kok Tsuen – Yung Shue Wan
- Aberdeen – Sok Kwu Wan via Mo Tat
- Central – Discovery Bay
- Discovery Bay – Mui Wo
- Peng Chau – Hei Ling Chau
- Ma Liu Shui – Tung Ping Chau
- Tuen Mun – Tung Chung
- Ma Wan – Central
- Ma Wan – Tsuen Wan
Hong Kong Ferry – Inner Harbour
The listing also provides details of the following inner harbour Hong Kong ferry services:
- North Point – Hung Hom
- North Point – Kowloon City
- North Point – Kwun Tong
- Central – Tsim Sha Tsui
- Wan Chai – Tsim Sha Tsui
- Hung Hom – Central
- Hung Hom – Wan Chai
- Aberdeen – Ap Lei Chau
- Sai Wan Ho – Sam Ka Tsuen
- Sai Wan Ho – Kwun Tong
- Harbour Tour Services
- Central – Tsim Sha Tsui (East)
Hong Kong Ferry – ‘kaito’ Ferries
Local ‘Kaito’ ferries also run on the following routes:
- Sai Wan Ho – Tung Lung Island via Joss House Bay
- Sam Ka Tsuen – Tung Lung Island
- Tap Mun – Wong Shek Pier
- Ma Liu Shui – Tap Mun
- Sha Tau Kok – Kat O
- Wong Shek Pier to Wan Tsai/Chek Keng
- Tsing Lung Tau – Luk Keng
- Aberdeen – Mo Tat Mo Tat – Sok Kwu Wan
- Aberdeen/Stanley – Po Toi Island
- Peng Chau/Trappist Monastry – Discovery Bay
- Cheung Chau Public Pier – Sai Wan