Permanent Technical Lead – System Administrator
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Our Client is a large enterprise organisation in Hong Kong and are looking for an experienced Technical Lead within the Infrastructure department.
The successful candidate should have a strong technical background also having hands on experience with the technical administration activities on various technologies.
- Set up VMware vSphere virtual infrastructure, Microsoft Windows servers and SUSE Linux servers including cluster.
- Perform administration on virtual infrastructure (VI). The work includes VM provisioning, virtualizing physical machines, vSphere server upgrade and deployment, configuring VI, administrating VI inventory records, performance monitoring and reporting, analyse and tuning, capacity planning, trouble shooting, and automation, etc.
- Perform administration on Microsoft Windows servers and SUSE Linux servers. The work includes deploying Windows server and Linux server on physical machines and virtual machines, configuring servers according to guidelines, setting up cluster, administrating inventory records, performance monitoring and reporting, analyse and tuning, capacity planning, trouble shooting, and automation, etc.
- Prepare documentations and operational procedures.
- University degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Fluent in both Chinese and English
- 5+ years’ experience in installing, configuring, and supporting VMware vSphere platform, Microsoft Windows, SUSE Linux.
- Good understanding and working knowledge in VMware technology like Raw Device Mapping used in implementation of Microsoft Windows cluster VM.
- Good understanding and working knowledge in Microsoft Windows and SUSE Linux, including setting up cluster.
- Trouble shooting knowledge on VMware vSphere platform, Microsoft Windows and SUSE Linux.