Permanent Technical Consultant (IT)
Our client is a global software development company which specializes in building applications that support executive management teams to streamline process efficiency within their organizations.
Our client is looking for Technical Consultant who will assume responsibility for the technical delivery of projects covering the installation, customization and integration of software applications to clients. The Technical Consultant will work on development and customization of various applications all of which are web enabled. The right candidate for this role will need to have a web development background building websites and working with web technologies. Experience of IIS and web applications experience as well as SQL server is a must for this position.
Alongside the technical aspects of the role the Technical Consultant will need to be customer facing and enjoy working and interacting with a diverse client base. You will spend time on client sites implementing applications and will interact with clients to train their IT departments and support the applications when it goes live.
- Web development on the application suite
- Develop and deliver any custom code required for customizations and integrations.
- Ensure quality of project technical deliverable
- Lead and support architecture and integration workshops with the client team
- Technical design and documentation of software applications on client site
- Enforce adherence to best practice process and contribute to process improvements
- Work with the customer during deployment, UAT, and after the Go Live to resolve any issues.
Desired Skills & Experience
- BSc in computer science or equivalent, appropriate experience
- 5+ years of experience in a commercial environment using technologies such as IIS and web applications
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite and Microsoft Operating Systems
- Proficient in using Apple iPad and/or other tablets
- Be able to work on problems of moderate to diverse scope
- Demonstrate flexibility to work on multiple projects in a short duration of time
- Work independently on an assigned task
- Good verbal and written English language skills plus Putonghua and Cantonese.
- Ability to learn complex applications independently
- Prior exposure to direct customer interaction in any relevant role
- Help with all levels of IT Support from customers
- Willingness to help build and manage technical development and support team