Permanent Technical Architect
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Our client is a blue chip organization who are seeking a hands-on architect to drive forward strategy and frameworks for developing solutions within the technology department. The successful candidate will work in the architectural team dedicated to supporting ALL technology architecture, including both Infrastructure and Applications.
The initial project you will work on will be to architect an application-enabling infrastructure to support the telephony and call center businesses applications with voice – digital integration. The telephone systems being Avaya. After this project has been completed you will continue to work to establish, develop and maintain a broad and in-depth understanding of current and emerging system applications and concepts to provide expert advice to senior management.
The role will require you to work in collaboration with other Solution Analysts and developers to design and create system solutions using industry standards and technologies that provides maximum stability, up time, throughput, and scalability. You will drive and lead the architecture and development teams to formulate integrated solutions in a complex system landscape to address business problem with optimal cost, time-to-market and functionality.
You will also provide in-depth technical consultation to project managers and application developers on the evaluation and impact analysis of design options to ensure development of efficient application systems utilizing established integration standards and adopted technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline.
- 8+ years of major systems design, development and implementation experience.
- Sound knowledge of IT infrastructure technologies, in particular, Clusters, Virtualization, LAN/WAN protocols (TCP/IP, FTP), authentication, and role-based access control.
- Practical experience in defining information system interoperability frameworks, technology standards and application/system integration patterns.
- Solid experiences with designing database model and data architecture, information integration, application integration and business process integration techniques and practices, including data model, XML schema, workflow and SOA (AND / OR)
- In-depth programming experience in system interface components/patterns using various technologies, including ESB, BPM, JavaEE, EJB, Web services (SOAP or REST), RPC, COM+, MS .Net Framework, SQL, XML/XSL/XSLT, TCP-IP, UDP
- Solid experience to design and develop high performance, high throughput OLTP server applications to support high volume business requirements.
- Familiar with Microsoft platform and products, including Biztalk server, SQL server, Sharepoint server, MSMQ, IIS and Active Directory
- Ability to work on all levels of abstraction from conceptual, strategic framework to logical and physical design.
- Able to communicate ideas and concepts and articulate where decisions might lead.
How to Apply
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ‘Technical Architect’ in the subject.