Permanent Senior UX / UI Designer
Our client is a diversified global conglomerate focused on providing leading transport, logistics and trading services. With a core focus on developing new technology this year, our client is rapidly expanding their IT department to provide innovative solutions to the business.
As a Senior UX/UI Designer, you will be working with a newly formed team to design the look-and-feel of the Interface across web, mobile and apps. Working as part of the Agile development team, you will apply Design thinking to define engaging user journeys.
Main duties and responsibilities
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Creating world-class, user-centered designs through consideration of market research, business requirements, customer feedback, and accessibility, usability / UX research using design thinking methods
- Translating business requirements into use cases, concepts into wireframes and into mock-ups that will lead into user experience
- Designing and leading the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow of wide range of devices and interfaces
- Developing and facilitating user’s product visions and concepts using design thinking approach including wireframes, sketching, prototyping and mock up products
- Presenting design work to the team and stakeholders for review and feedback iteratively
- Working with other teams and stakeholders to assess and optimize new and existing features to user experience and user interface design
In order to be suitable for this role, you will have:
- Minimum 8 years of experience as UX designer, interaction designer or user interface designer
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Creative arts, human computer interaction (HCI) or equivalent working experience in UX and/or UI
- Expertise in creative frameworks, UX research, UX/UI frameworks, and design thinking methods and tools
- Available design portfolio or samples of work demonstrating the user-centric design solutions
- Demonstrated visual design expertise, capacity for creating fun, highly usable designs and layouts, and a bias towards simplification
- General understanding on impact of design to development, construct designs that are in reach of technical feasibility and scope design initiatives accurately, prioritize work items based on business value
- Experience working in collaborative team environments
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Experience designing user experiences for tablet, mobile, desktop or other devices
- Ability to create prototypes using multiple set of tools and frameworks
- Follow and implement best design practices for mobile and web provided by platform providers such as Google, Apple and Microsoft
Proficiency in variety of design tools including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign is highly desirable.