Permanent Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Our client is a diversified global conglomerate focused on providing leading transport, logistics and trading services. With a core focus on developing new technology this year, our client is rapidly expanding their IT department to provide innovative solutions to the business.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be working with a newly formed team to design, build, test leading mobile and web applications in an Agile environment. As a Senior Software Engineer you will be involved in the hands-on development of these solutions and act as a mentor to the junior software engineers.
- Designing, building, testing, deploying and supporting web/mobile front end and backend applications and prototypes following best practices
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software
- Design and define the interactions/integration between various systems or component and develop application architecture
- Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype and evaluate technical feasibility
- Lead and mentor software engineers in the team
- Conduct code and peer reviews and feedback to continuously improve the quality
- Minimum 6 years of experience in software development
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical and programming area or equivalent practical experience.
- Familiar with front end design approaches such as responsive and adaptive design
- Experience in SOA (REST, JSON) or any API development frameworks such as swagger
- Experience in mobile web/native or web application development including HTML5, CSS3
- Knowledge in Agile processes is highly preferred
- Knowledge in DevOps and tools such as docker, Chef, Puppet