Permanent Senior Reporter
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Role: S&P Global Market Intelligence, which offers a premier platform for sector-focused news and data, is looking for a top notch Senior Reporter to cover the Asian financial sector from our Hong Kong office. We have a fast-growing team of reporters and editors, offering ambitious journalists an opportunity for professional advancement that is unique in today’s marketplace.
The Impact: In this role, we want you to help us expand our in-depth news coverage of banks and other financial institutions, such as insurers and brokerages. You will be expected to write sophisticated and thought-provoking articles on Asian financial institutions, combining reporting and analysis.
Our service: Our real-time, Web-based news service reaches an influential readership. Our massive database, with comprehensive coverage of market, regulatory and corporate data that influences our sectors, offers ample opportunities to enhance and drive our reporting.
The successful candidate will have:
· A bachelor’s degree in journalism or business journalism
· At least 4/5+ years’ experience of financial services reporting, preferably in the banking and financial sector
· Have a strong grasp of business and financial essentials and a flair for clear, concise writing, regardless of how technical the information being conveyed
· Ability to generate story ideas with authoritative content, write feature-length pieces and conduct data-driven analysis
· Demonstrate an ability to thrive in a creative, fast-paced environment
· Have a strong command of journalistic ethics and best practices
· Fluency in English, plus any knowledge of Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean or Japanese is highly desirable, but not a must
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence