Permanent Senior Infrastructure Engineer – Linux Administrator
My client is a leading multinational organisation with one of the largest Technology departments in Hong Kong. They are looking for a Senior Linux Administrator who will be responsible for designing and architecting SUSE based Linux servers, including configuring, troubleshooting and maintaining the highly virtualised Linux environments.
- Setup, maintain and support all Linux based platform across a large multi-year Transformation programme.
- Hands on administration and support and provide assistance in troubleshooting in large Linux based environments.
- Manage day to day requirements and maintain all Linux base-line configuration in a controlled environment.
- Assist with setting up the configuration management platform from a Linux perspective.
- Stay up to date on new product/solution as it comes to market and assess whether implementation will deliver value for the business.
- Setup, maintain and support a green-field environment according to Programme schedule.
- 5+ years hands on experience with UNIX ( SUSE, Red-Hat, Linux)
- Good knowledge of scripting languages.
- Very high level of competence in developing and maintaining scripts for system administration and automation purposes in an operational environment.
- Be able to create scripting or software languages, such as Shell, Perl or C and have proficiency in the application development of UNIX.
- Good working knowledge in SUSE Linux, including setting up cluster.
- A team player, strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Go getter and curious attitude which translates to being proactive and driven for continuous development.