Permanent Regional IT Architect (Infrastructure and Cloud)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Our client is a global financial services organisation. The position is based in the Regional Head Office in Hong Kong, in the IT Infrastructure team. This role will be contributing to the development of a leading-edge IT architecture, which is essential to the ongoing transformation of the organisation.
About the role
This role is to provide domain leadership in Microsoft & IBM cloud technologies and Infrastructure as a whole (Servers, Storage, Network, DB, Middleware, Virtualisation, Back-Up), to demonstrate application of end-to-end architecture strategies, standards, processes, and tools in their solution designs, to drive Infrastructure Roadmaps and to work with projects to adopt Cloud 1st policy. The appointee will be expected to:
- Demonstrate application of end-to-end architecture strategies, standards, processes, and tools in their solution designs
- Drive Infrastructure Roadmaps to ensure no EOS / EOL platforms remain in service and to work with projects to adopt Cloud 1st policy
- Support the development of strategy, frameworks, best practices and patterns
- Ensure compliance with all architecture directions and standards through cross organization consulting and direct involvement in development efforts
- Act as a thought leader and arbiter of decisions in their specific areas of expertise
- Work with stakeholders and the leadership team to gain consensus and establish, support and define application architecture standards, policies, processes, tools and directions.
- Review and approve corporate application architectural standards and processes change request representing their development organization
About the person
To be suitable for this role you must have:
- A Batchelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline (master’s degree preferred)
- 10+ years of overall IT experience
- Minimum of 10 years designing complex, integrated application solutions
- Minimum of 25 years implementing complex solutions in a highly-virtualized environment
- Knowledge of infrastructure components, virtualization technologies, middleware and SOA
- Knowledge of Cloud tools and products – RightScale, SCOM, Azure, Softlayer, New Relic, Cloud Cruiser
- Vendor evaluation and management