Permanent Program Manager (HR Systems)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Our client is a large blue-chip organization who are currently seeking a Program Manager to run a program of work for enterprise Human Resource Systems. This will include but is not limited to employee self-service, performance management & metrics, recruiting and on-boarding, roster, time and attendance.
There are 2 project work streams which the successful candidate will manage. The first being a people PeopleSoft upgrade (9.2), which needs to be managed from initiation to completion. The second project stream is consolidating multiple applications for Roster, Time and Attendance onto an all-encompassing platform. This will involve a review of vendor technology solutions as well as managing the tender process. In addition to these 2 main applications there are a host of other applications that have been highly customized and need to be managed.
Both project streams are interlinked and are dependent on one another completing certain milestone.
Responsibilities of the Role
- Manage the project teams and the associated information systems life-cycle
- Be accountable for the overall systems life-cycle activities under management including solution requirements elicitation, prototyping, architecture, design, vendor management, software development, assurance testing, implementation and related support / maintenance
- Be accountable for the overall health of the systems in the program of work
- Be responsible for the formulation of sound project proposals and input to business EAPs for business initiatives
- Be the primary coordination point between the solutions teams, project management and business relationship management functions
- Allocate resources to enable the project managers / development managers for successful delivery of solutions addressing business needs
- Support Business Relationship Managers or business initiatives budgeting and business case formulation
- Participate in IT budgeting processes and cross functional improvement initiatives
Requirements of the Role
- Degree educated in a Technology related subject
- 15+ years of working experience in the IT field
- 10 years in people management and senior technical leadership positions
- Extensive knowledge in Human Resources Management Systems and Technology that support HR functions at enterprise level
- PeopleSoft experience is an advantage
- Strong business acumen, analytical and decision making skills, proven enterprise grade application development management experience with large-scale organizations
- Solid management experience and background in high availability, high performance IT solutions, including architectures, project management, design, development and deployment
- Experienced in application outsourcing or vendor supplied products as a means to achieve service delivery and cost efficiency improvements.
How to Apply
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting HR Program Manager in the subject.