Contract or Freelance Network Engineer/ Administrator – CISCO – Investment Bank experience
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Our Client is a large enterprise organisation in Hong Kong and are looking for an experienced Engineer within the Infrastructure department.
The successful candidate will drive and leverage technology refreshment and best practice service management principles, to provide cost-effective and efficient infrastructure and technical environment, data centre management, and valued end-user services.
- Plan, design, organize, and deliver solutions to meet both IT internal and Business users requirement in the areas of Network, PABX, Video Conference, Wi-Fi, and Carriers services.
- Provide 24×7 on the phone support to IT Operations in Incident management on the Client’s production web infrastructure to ensure maximum network and web services availability to their customers.
- Identify root causes of the production network infrastructure problems and provides resolutions to the problems.
- Plan and implement Technology Refreshment to ensure healthiness of equipment to sustain business continuity.
- Ensure network and web infrastructure to be complied with the Client’s Information Security policies.
- Regularly review and provide technology refreshment proposal in the areas of Network, PABX, Video Conference, Wi-Fi, and Carriers services to ensure their healthy maintenance status
- Perform regular performance analysis and monitoring so as to provide a capacity planning in the areas of Network, PABX, Video Conference, Wi-Fi, and Carriers services.
- Provide cost effective network, VC, Wi-Fi and Voice solutions for remote access and remote site connection
- Coordinate and manage external mobile carriers to ensure their provided services be able to meet the requirements of the Client and their planned changes be with no impact to the Client’s business operations.
- A bachelor degree with 5-7 years of hands-on experience in Web and Network infrastructure areas.
- Anyone with less experience will be considered for Engineer role.
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Cantonese.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting infrastructures of LAN, WAN, MAN, VoIP, PABX, Wi-Fi, video Conference, TDM to IPT migrations, IPT consolidations, Voicemail, voice recording, SIP, SBC (Session border controller) etc.
- Demonstrated experience with the products of CISCO, Avaya, Fortinet, Bluecoat, F5, Paloalto, and Aruba,
- CISCO, Avaya, F5, or/and Aruba product certification is a plus
What Role Offers You:
- Career Growth
- Work With Newest Technologies
- Large Program Work
- Large/Stable Company
- Good Package
- Good Work life Balance