Permanent Mobile Development Lead
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The innovation centre is a newly established team focusing on researching, introducing and delivering new technologies into the business and IT environment, with initial focus on web and mobile solutions. The mobile team will focus on two major areas 1) Designing, building and delivering B2C, B2E and B2B mobile applications 2) Prototyping mobile applications. As mobile development lead you will be responsible of leading a very energetic team to design, build,test and deploy mobile applications and prototypes using Agile methodologies.
About the Role:
- Responsible for the over-all development life cycle of mobile/tablet applications and prototypes using Agile methodologies
- Lead the team to develop the best technical design and approach for mobile/tablet application development
- Will lead to investigate mobile/tablet application design approaches, prototype and evaluate technical feasibility.
- Work closely with the senior developers and architects to architect and develop the best technical design and approach for mobile/tablet applications
- Lead and manage internal and external development resources for assigned projects that are aligned with company strategic directions
- Participate in the organization and planning of development schedules
- Assist development teams with making appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition
- Empower the teams to self-organize; facilitate discussion and conflict resolution
- Organize and facilitate daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos, and other Scrum-related meetings with Scrum teams and stakeholders
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress; update agile tracking systems to provide transparency on product, release, and sprint backlogs.
- Identify and remove impediments; prevent distractions that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the sprint goal
- Ensure the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility
- Assist with internal and external communication to provide transparency
- Adapt plans, schedules, and resource assignments as required to respond to emerging requirements and risks
- Participate proactively in developing and maintaining team standards, tools, and best practices; maintain process documentation
About the Person:
- Minimum 8 years experience in web development with at least 2 years Agile/Scrum experience
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree (or equivalent education qualifications) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related disciplines
- Solid knowledge of development methodologies specifically Agile/Scrum preferably Scrum Master experience
- Experience developing at least 3 to 5 mobile applications
- Solid knowledge in SOA RESTful web services such as JSON
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern OO programming languages such as C++, C#, Java
- Development experience on any mobile platforms such as Google Android, Windows Phone, Apple iOS.
- Ability to take raw product requirements and develop software architectures and designs to bring them to life as mobile/tablet applications
- Excellent in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohort
- Strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience developing software foundations and environments for application development
- Ability to work closely with developers to understand their needs and issues and to develop cooperative solutions
How to Apply
To apply, please email email@example.com quoting Mobile Development Lead in the subject.