Permanent Lead Business Analyst (MPF/ORSO
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Lead Business Analyst will manage a team of on-shore Business Analysts based in Hong Kong. The team are working on providing localisation and customisation of pension platform that is currently used to support enterprise customers overseas. The platform allows companies and their employees to manage their pension providers/arrangements. The localisation will make the platform compliant with local MPF/ORSO schemes. Working for the platform provider, you will be based at their customer site near Olympic MTR.
About the role
This role is responsible for providing leadership, support and for improving the capability of a team of Business Analysts. You will distribute and manage analysis tasks, provide on-going performance management as well as mentoring and training.
The Lead Business Analyst role has responsibility for driving customers towards adopting platform functionality and for documenting any additional business requirements.
- Support the Programme Manager and Business Architects in providing solutions to the client
- Educate and prepare customers on core platform functionality and business processes
- Support Systems Analysts and Business Architects in the creation and maintenance of core proposition documentation to ensure it reflects current functionality and business processes
- Discuss, understand and document client and/or internal business requirements with clients and internal staff to direct software and/ or business process development in line with the SDLC
- Ensure that any new business developments adhere to procedural and regulatory compliance requirements
- Proactively manage changes/change requests to ensure all parties have a full understanding of the required changes and the system/ process/ programme implications
- Work with other analysts, developers, systems analysts and testers to test the software and business processes developed to ensure they satisfy the business requirements, and meet the design/ specification
- Triage and investigate service log issues in both test and production, ensuring any issues are dealt with by the appropriate person or team
About the person
To be suitable for this role, you must have:
- Experience of MPF/ORSO products and of relevant HK Financial Services regulations
- The ability to manage, mentor and coach at least 5 BAs in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Degree in Finance or IT related discipline.
- Worked in SDLC projects/programs (pensions/wrap IT platform experience would be a big advantage)
- Independent, self-directing and delivery focused working style
- Superior analytical thinking
- Commercially aware
- Excellent organisational, administration and time management skills
- Good team communication skills, confident in dealing with clients
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills in English and Cantonese