Permanent IT Systems/Business Analyst
The Business Systems Analyst will be working within a privately-held organisation in the logistics and commodities industries. The company operates several integrated businesses globally within these areas. It combines strong operational capability with the tools to help their customers manage their risk and cost.
The role is working within the logistics area of the business, specifically focussing on Maritime. You will be working within a small team with a high degree of autonomy and be responsible for:
- Business Process Improvement. You will be helping Operations improve their processes, increasing efficiencies in work flows and reducing waste – both time and money. Where necessary you will be improving and implementing technology solutions to realize BPR/BPI efficiencies.
- Data & Financial Modeling/Analysis. You will be using data-modelling techniques and tools to analyze business KPIs, model cost scenarios/forecasts, identify positive and negative trends and to make suggestions for strategic and operational improvements.
- IT Implementation and Improvement. Identify the processes changes and information technology required to implement recommendations. Where required, produce and implement a comprehensive plan for each project. Monitor project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports and recommending actions.
- IT Vendor Management: You will ‘own’ the relationship with application providers, negotiating contracts, managing supplier performance and looking for ways to enhance their services to provide increased business benefits.
To be suitable for this role you will need:
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to think laterally
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and present information
- High degree of professionalism and attention to detail
- Results orientated with good time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent English communication
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science/Engineering, or Information Management
- Strong knowledge of Finance and/or accounting. Certificates and/or other qualifications is preferred
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.