Permanent IT Infrastructure Service and Operations Manager (‘TSM’), Greater China
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Our client is a fortune 100 company with a global brand that has been in China for more than 50 years. This role encompasses IT Infrastructure Service and Operations for the Greater China Business Unit, which includes Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan & Macau.
The Technology Services Manager (TSM) is responsible for all technology related IT Infrastructure services being back-office (e.g. server processing, backup and storage infrastructure, network infrastructure and distributed systems, incident and problem management, change management, inventory management) or client oriented (e.g. helpdesk services provisioned by Global Service Desk, desk side support services, service request management). Specifically, you will be responsible for the following:
- The quality of the delivery of all IT technology related services necessary to run the operations and support the users according to the service levels.
- Drive Simplification of business technology landscape and focus on end user productivity enhancement opportunities
- Develop innovative solutions to support business requirements and enable growth in the business.
- Ensuring appropriate content and level of communication of operational and exploitation activities to business units.
- Being responsible for compliance with IT processes and standards.
Service Management: In particular for the client oriented services, it includes
- Clearly communicating the processes, services and value of these to the business unit.
- Ensuring that all IT services are defined, agreed and delivered.
- Handling escalations when they occur
- Measuring those services and report appropriately to the client groups.
- Selecting and managing delivery by the technology services vendors
- Driving continuous service improvement plans & projects within BU
Exploitation: Drive business productivity and collaboration of global technologies.
- Proactively identify opportunities to add value to the business units through an understanding of how IT collaboration tools can simplify and speed up work
- Supervise the planning, development and delivery of IT exploitation programs
- Be responsible for the execution (on scope, on time, on budget) of all collaboration and exploitation projects within assigned business unit including for major events
- Track delivered benefits of the collaboration technologies and exploitation programs
- Support global/regional projects from an operational standpoint
- Identify local initiatives, run them through regional PMO process and lead projects/deployments as appropriate
Engagement: Assist the IT Director in ‘business engagement’ related activities as requested
- Communication: Ensure appropriate content and level of communication of operational and exploitation activities to business units.
Compliance with IT processes and standards.
People and performance management
- Develop Technology resources, provide them overall guidance and mentoring to enhance their performance ( Dotted line reporting ).
- Drive Performance management for external resources ( Contractors )
- Manage the BU related OPEX for the IT technology services.
- Manage financial opportunities and risks through re-prioritization / reallocation
- Work with local IT / Technology vendors and 3rd parties in the business unit and manage the relationship, support contract negotiations and ensure service delivery and contract implementations, working with global & group resources.
To be suitable for this opportunity you will need to demonstrate:
- Building relationships and networks, by preference in a customer facing role with experience in leveraging collaboration technologies
- IT program deployment and change management
- Leveraging vendors/internal service providers and matrix organizations for program execution
- IT Service Delivery Management and operations management
- Ability to apply technology to business and translate business needs into technology solutions
- Overall business knowledge
- IT service management
- Mandarin and English language proficiency
- Vendor management
- Able to work in a Matrix Organization with a demonstrated capability to manage both horizontal and vertical network
How to Apply
To apply, please email email@example.com quoting ‘TSM’ in the subject.