Permanent International Media Analyst (Pay TV and Broadband Coverage)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Role: S&P Global Market Intelligence is growing its Kagan Media research team and is seeking a media and communications expert, to support our pay TV and broadband coverage across APAC. Kagan is the ultimate resource for complete financial intelligence on the broad and dynamic media and communications sector, including broadcast, cable, IP, mobile and wireless television and video distribution as well as broadband telecoms and online media services.
The Impact: As an international-focused media analyst you will have the opportunity to help drive our pay TV and broadband coverage with a focus on multi-channel services, telecom markets, and the emerging online video landscape. Working with data collection teams you will gather data, identify new players across APAC, estimate and forecast subscriber and revenue data, and produce written analytical work
The Career Opportunity: This is a great opportunity to utilize your previous background in the media industry conducting financial and strategic analysis. This role requires the capability to synthesize fast changing communications market information, anticipate market movement from current and past trends, and draw actionable conclusions and market intelligence.
The Team / The Business: The team is composed of experienced professionals within the Media & Communications industry. The business has a casual and friendly atmosphere with an entrepreneurial spirit. We value team work and it is crucial that you are a team player in order to be successful within our organization.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Experience working as an Analyst in media research , or across the pay-TV / video/broadband services market is highly desirable, but not a must
• Possess strong analytical and writing background, with the confidence to digest large amounts of information into concise analysis
• Have exceptional written and verbal communications skills, including experience with phone and in-person interviews, and presenting research and analysis to C-level audiences
• MS office / Excel use, and experience in developing models and forecasts for the pay-TV and broadband sector
• Fluency in English, plus any knowledge of Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean or Japanese is highly desirable, but not a must.
About S&P Global Market Intelligence and McGraw Hill Financial
S&P Global Market Intelligence, formerly Capital IQ and SNL Financial, is a division of McGraw Hill Financial (NYSE:MHFI). The firm is a leading provider of financial and industry data, research, news and analytics to investment professionals, government agencies, corporations, and universities worldwide. S&P Global Market Intelligence integrates news, comprehensive market and sector-specific data and analytics into a variety of tools to help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk.