Permanent Infrastructure Project Manager (Trade floor relocation) – Large Financial Institution
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Our client is a top tier Financial Institution who are relocating their main trade floor and require a Project Manager to plan and execute the project. The role will require the physical relocation of equipment as well and the set up and installation of mission critical trading equipment. The role will matrix manage in-house resources as well as vendors.
You must have a structured project background in infrastructure and have a track record of moves and changes for front office. The project is large and quite complicated due to the merging and consolidation of different locations and this is a great opportunity to work with a an employer of choice.
Responsibilities of the Role
- Accountable for the production of deliverables within agreed timescale, quality and budget.
- Create and manage the projects scope, resources and budget.
- Create, manage and resource the IT project plan(s); agree and review the plans, costs and resources
- Ensure all project commitments are met.
- Monitor and report on progress in accordance with PMO requirements.
- Establish Project KPIs to monitor and measure the effectiveness of the projects.
- Diagnose and evaluate potential risks and issues throughout the project.
- Report regularly to the Project Stakeholders to report on project status
- Ensure appropriate standards are adopted and that effective quality controls are built into the project plan
- Ensure appropriate release and change management processes are implemented.
- Identify and manage relationships through effective communication
- Identify, acquires and deploys team members and manage third parties to ensure successful project execution.
Requirements of the Role
- Graduate qualifications in IT or related subject.
- At least 8 years Project Management Experience of medium to large IT Infra & Ops projects
- Solid experience in command centre, trading floor or related greenfield implementation
- Solid understanding of IT Infra technical domains
- Technical knowledge on Network Infrastructure (data and voice).
- Proficient in both Cantonese and English with excellent report writing skills
- Solid understanding and practical application of project management practices (e.g. Prince or PMP).
- Ability to register and manage project risks
- Strong experience implementing and manging governance frameworks
- Ability to communicate at Executive-level within the organization