Permanent Head of PMO
Our client is a leading Global Insurer, who are looking for a PMO Head to lead a regional transformation initiative. The PMO help drive process and execution of large enterprise programs of work across work streams and is responsible for ensuring project governance is standardized.
The skills/requirements for the Head of PMO is to support those delivering projects firm wide with the necessary project structure and governance and act in an advisory capacity regarding project direction and momentum. These projects span across work streams with a specific focus on process change with corresponding technology projects.
The PMO acts as a conduit between smaller Project Offices which are aligned to specific programmes. A key requirement of the role is to ensure consistency around tools, methods, reporting and governance and has ultimate responsibility for the Project/Programme standards.
The team you will manage is quite small with a handful of experts but a seasoned and experienced individual is needed as you will have a significant amount of interaction with C-Level stakeholders on a day to day basis.
• Drive progress and execution of regional transformation programs.
• Collaborate with internal work stream leaders to understand project objectives and needs and manage and document all phases of a project or program, from creation of project charter and identification of key stakeholders and required resources, to project planning and execution
• Effectively lead programme meetings with well-defined agendas.
• Facilitate group discussions, elicit clear decisions and produce meeting minutes with follow-ups/owners
• Manage specific project deliverables or assist with deliverables to ensure project momentum
• Ability to understand and set stakeholder expectations while maintaining clear and effective communications to ensure awareness and engagement
• Drive the activities of cross-functional, cross-business, and partner teams to ensure project success
• Identify and manage project risks and mitigate delays or dilution of project benefits
• Ability to act in an advisory role to project sponsors regarding project direction and momentum
• Provide innovative solutions by keeping a pulse on internal and external consumer / market demands and capabilities
• Ensure project adherence to policies and process requirements, e.g., IT prioritization, funding approvals, information security policies, compliance policies, vendor management policies, and others as applicable
• Ability to produce clear, concise executive level project summaries and dashboards
• Ability to confidently and effectively communicate project status / changes and reasons for changes to executive levels of the organization
• IT Project Management background
• Strong commercial experience heading up a PMO in a large corporate environment
• Project Management certified (PMP / Prince2 etc) with knowledge of industry leading PMO best practices (tools and methods), experience
• Strong teamwork skills
• Strong stakeholder engagement skills
• Strong people management skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• A proven track record in hands-on project management, specifically in information technology-related projects