Permanent Head of Compliance
Our client is a large enterprise organization who have extensive operations in Asia. They have recently started large scale business operations in Mainland China and need a Head of Compliance to build and implement a Compliance Framework across multiple diverse lines of business from scratch.
The Candidate should have strong compliance and risk management experience and a healthy appreciation of regulatory rules and regulations in China. The role will require operationalizing the framework, outstanding stakeholder engagement and management skill is a must.
This is an exciting opportunity to work across the entire project lifecycle from initiation to execution across lines of business that include Finance, Supply Chain, Technology and Physical Infrastructure.
- Build a Compliance Framework that is fit for purpose and ensure that Compliance Methodology is rolled out in a timely manner.
- Review legal & regulatory compliance register.
- Identify activities and process that are not mapped.
- Create and Maintain a log of all legal & regulatory requirements.
- Review the process flow and activities documentation
- Create Plain English Obligations for all legal & regulatory requirements.
- Conduct mapping of control testing and monitoring to the Compliance Obligations Register.
- Continually run Workshops and training and participate in meetings to map all necessary policies, procedures and control testing and monitoring environments to the Obligations Compliance Register.
- Monitor changes to applicable laws and regulations in China, analyse the impact of such changes on project, advise related stakeholders of such changes and develop plans for updates to compliance program.
- Conduct compliance investigations and handle enquiries from internal and external regulators in China
- Bachelor degree or above in law, finance, accounting or related discipline
- Strong understanding of Compliance and Risk Management
- A minimum of 15 years of hands-on compliance experience in a Management Consultancy, Enterprise organisation or Law firm.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, detail-oriented, proactive, responsible and able to work independently with minimal supervision and good team player
- Knowledge of the laws of Hong Kong and PRC, latest statutory and regulatory requirements
- Knowledge and experience of best practice compliance and governance frameworks, methodologies and emerging practice, compliance monitoring and risk assessments
- Fluent in oral and written English, Putonghua and Cantonese
- Excellent interpersonal skills