Permanent Engineering Team Lead (MS Server, MS Exchange Server)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Our client is provides IT services, technology and consulting for buy-side investment firms. The Client Technology Manager (CTM) is the technical leader of a team of engineers responsible for the daily support and maintenance of customers technology (deployed or cloud-based infrastructures).
The CTM has oversight of build outs, support and maintenance as well as upgrades. On a daily basis he/she is responsible for : technology infrastructure design/augmentation, review of support incidents, server troubleshooting, hardware/software installation and upgrades, new infrastructure build outs and relocations, high level ticket troubleshooting and managing a team of Engineers.
- Acts as technical Project Manager for new and existing client projects
- Identifies areas improve clients’ technical environments
- Reviews and contributes improving new process, procedures or new product roll outs
- Support and maintenance includes but is not limited Active Directory, Exchange, BES, Citrix XenApp/Server/Desktop, RSA, as well as Cisco switches, Cisco firewalls, SAN & NAS technologies, VMWare
- Participates in Global Technology meetings with peers.
- Produces reports and reviews engineer utilization numbers each week
- Responsible for staff management and professional development
- BA/BS degree in the field of Computer Science or equivalent field and/or 5+ years of experience with a minimum of 3 years of end user support
- Minimum 5 years of effectively managing a team or process
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Ability absorb and retain information quickly
- Ability present ideas in user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Sharp attention detail
- Ability provide complex problem-solving
- Capable of Multitasking in a high pace environment, effectively and efficiently
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Ability demonstrate client sensitivity
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Outstanding client services skills
- Ability effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability interface with high profile financial industry clients on a daily basis
- Certifications with any of the technical requirements listed below strongly preferred
- Demonstrates sound decision making: recognizes problems and responds; systematically gathers information; addresses root cause of issues; makes timely decisions; makes difficult decisions.
- Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2012, Active Directory and Exchange 2003/2007/2010
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005, 2008
- Familiar with hosted and cloud based architectures.
- Blackberry Enterprise Server 4.x-10
- Citrix Metaframe 4.5 through XenApp 6.0
- Enterprise and Hosted Spam filtering technologies.
- Strong Understanding of networking concepts, TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, DHCP, DNS, Routing, Switching and Firewalls
- Deploying Enterprise level networks with CiscASA firewalls, and Catalyst switches
- Dell PowerEdge and HP Proliant server configuration and deployment
- Data Backup and Recovery with Symantec Backup Exec or similar enterprise backup software
- Symantec Antivirus or similar Enterprise Antivirus software
- Financial Industry Experience including familiarity with market vendor applications
- Experience with Linux or Solaris
- Scripting knowledge (PowerShell, VB, Batch, WSH)
- Familiar with Storage Area Networks (Netapp, EMC) and Virtualization (VMWare, XenServer Hyper-V)