Permanent DevOps Engineer / Developer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
My client, a leading enterprise within Hong Kong, are currently looking for a DevOps Engineer, who will need to assist the DevOps Manager and Technical Lead to implement, maintain and support DevOps platform and deliver DevOps-as-a-Service.
- Work with development teams to create and maintain the continuous integration build jobs / pieplines
- Work with Dev, DevTest, SAT, Ops teams to create and maintain application release workflows
- Work with Infra and Ops teams to code and script for IaaS (Infrastructure-as-a-Code) and PaaS (CI – sample build script/pipeline, CD – common release pipeline/components, etc)
- Perform script maintenance and updates due to changes in requirements or implementations
- Design, develop and maintain CI & CD reusable components
- Code, test and document the DevOps framework
- Assist DevOps Manager and Lead to drive DevOps adoption (guideline, practices, tools, etc)
- University degree or above in Computer science or Engineering or equivalent.
- Min 4 years of experience in developing & supporting large scale enterprise applications.
- Working experience on large scale software development experience, in particular, online transaction processing systems, and fast paced software development life cycles is preferred.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, application deployment and operations.
- Coding experience with .NET and Java.
- Coding experience with Ruby preferred.
- Familiar with tools like Jenkins, Atlassian JIRA, Bitbucket, Apache Maven, Visual Studio Team Foundation Server, IBM UrbanCode, etc.
- Experience with Puppet, Chef, Ansible or other configuration management tools.
- Experience working with version control/repos, i.e. Git and Artifactory.
- Experience with test driven development, testing tools and frameworks like JUnit, NUnit.
- Relevant application development & support experience in large scale transaction processing system
- Excellent analytical mind and problem solving skills
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively with different team members, stakeholders and external vendors
- Drive the DevOps practices adoption and increase the tools utilization
- Work in an agile development environment, collaborate with Infrastructure, Operation and Application Development teams to gather user requirements, design and implement the DevOps build and deploy scripts.
- Ability to work under pressure with quality work to meet the overall DevOps delivery schedule.