Contract or Freelance Data Migration Analyst (Data Modelling)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
You will be working as an employee of Mainstay Asia, as a Consultant assisting our customers with their IT project delivery. Your initial assignment will be helping a well-known insurer migrate their regional Management Information system onto a new platform.
About the role:
Your responsibilities will include:
- Translating business requirements into conceptual, logical, and physical data models.
- Reducing redundancy and duplication of data.
- Being rigorous in your approach to metadata standards and the quality/integrity of the data being migrated.
- Designing migration plans and schemas.
About the person:
To be suitable for this role, you will:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in computer/information science or applied mathematics.
- Be an enthusiastic learner, dedicated to customer service and quality control.
- Have excellent problem-solving and time management skills.
- Be able to present and explain issues, options and solutions to a technical and non-technical audience.
- Have at least 5 years of enterprise data modelling/migration experience, having been through at least one full migration lifecycle.
- Have knowledge of architecture frameworks (preferably IBM – IIW), databases (DB2), ETL tools (InfoSphere DataStage) and BI tools (Cognos).