Permanent Business Development Managers, AFIG (Asia Financial Institutions Group)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Do you enjoy diagnosing and solving business challenges? Are you passionate about helping clients identify needs and co-designing custom solutions? Would you thrive in an organization committed to continuous learning and the pursuit of excellence? If so, then we have an opportunity that you will be interested in.
SNL Financial is seeking Business Development Managers for our Hong Kong office to support our Asia Financial Institutions Group, with specific focus on either the NEA / SEA regions. As a key member of our sales team you will use your consultative selling skills to understand and identify opportunities by creating a tailored approach to solving business challenges that our products offers.
This role is not about making hundreds of cold calls per day, but it involves carefully researching prospects, having real conversations by asking questions to fully understand their business goals. You will focus on their top priorities that our product can help them with and manage your own territory as if it were your own business – from sales strategy and prospecting to consultation and closing
In this role you will be developing our relationships with top executives, investment banks, money managers and corporate professionals who could benefit from using SNL Financials AFIG sector coverage in the APAC space.
Responsibilities of the position include, but not limited to:
- Maintain total sales at or above quota
- Identify new opportunities within the designated territory
- Establish appointments with senior level executives of these organizations and have a structural knowledge of how a prospect generates revenue, serves their market and executes their business
- Stay current with industry news and issues to understand the potential impact to your current prospects for fine new opportunities.
- Coordinate and provide sales demonstrations
- Follow up to negotiate contract terms and pricing
- Maintain disciplined approach to daily sales activity pipelines and systems based workflow (i.e. Salesforce.com)
- Secure the executed contract and coordinating the transition of new clients to the Account Management group.
- Develop industry specific knowledge necessary to have credible diagnostic conversations
- Communicate and collaborate with internal stakeholders groups to include Product Management, Industry Heads, Legal/Contracts and News.
- Engage in team selling to strategic accounts in conjunction with Sales Executives in other industries or Account Managers in existing accounts.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 4 years Sales experience in the Financial Services/Technology/SAS industry is highly preferred
- Experience in selling a data platform
- Advanced understanding of finance industry, marketing, sales of financial services and products to customer base
- Fluency in English, and Chinese (Cantonese/Mandarin), and/or Japanese