Human Capital is the #1 CEO challenge for Asia
The Global Talent Competitiveness Index measures the performance of countries across the world on their talent competitiveness, i.e. their ability to attract, develop and retain talent. Produced by Adecco, INSEAD and the Human Capital Leadership Institute (HCLI) the 2013 GTCI Report doesn’t include HK specifically but makes some interesting observations.
Human Capital is the #1 CEO challenge for Asia (page 70).
The ‘Importance-Adjusted’ strategies for managing Human Capital in Asia are:
- Grow talent internally
- Provide employee training and development
- Raise employee engagement
- Improve performance management processes and accountability
- Increase efforts to retain critical talent
- Enhance the effectiveness of the senior management team
- Improve corporate brand and EVP to attract talent
- Hire more talent in the open market
- Improve effectiveness of front-line supervisors and managers
- Improve leadership development programmes
The full 284-page report makes for some interesting reading, with a China specific report on page 110.
Webmasters, you may syndicate this blog on your website for free.