Why you won’t get a job in Hong Kong
When I speak to overseas candidates applying for jobs in Hong Kong there are a few key questions that I ask, as a professional recruiter:
- “Why the interest in Hong Kong specifically”
- “What obstacles to you and the family expect”
- “Who have you applied to already”
These are loaded questions.
If you have done your homework, you will probably realize that already. If the questions elicit any of the following responses, your application is in danger of failing before it’s even started!
- “I’m not looking just at Hong Kong, I’d consider anywhere in the world with a good climate and an environment favorable for….”
- “We expect the kids to miss family and there will be the usual adjustments….”
- “I’ve been applying extensively online for the last few months and I don’t seem to be getting anywhere…”
To find out why these answers will relegate your application, read more.
Webmasters, you may syndicate this blog on your website for free.